Plants are more than just something pretty to look at, their benefits are known to go way beyond their aesthetic. They've been proven to improve health and overall happiness too! Anyone living in Hong Kong will know that fresh air is hard to come by and even closing the windows won't protect us from harmful pollutants in the air. Indoor plants do a great job of helping to purify the air while adding energy and life to any space. So here are our top picks of the 5 best low maintenance indoor plants for your home. No matter how big or small your space is, there's a plant that will fit perfectly.
Keep reading for additional tips on keeping them alive, despite being low maintenance, these plants are still living things that need love and attention.
An assortment of succulents by BYDEAU
2. SNAKE PLANTS
Phot via @sara.ollen
3. FIDDLE FIG TREES
Photo via The Vintage Rug Shop
The Yumi Orchid + Gold Mister
5. ANTHURIUM PLANT IN POT
Photo via entermyattic
TIPS ON KEEPING YOUR INDOOR PLANTS ALIVE
Not everyone is born with a green thumb, but don't worry it's not rocket science! Here are our top tips on how to look after your indoor plants:
1. No direct sunlight
2. Water every 7 - 10 days depending on how moist the soil is
3. Shower them with water so they are fully wet every month (except for the orchids)
4. Regularly remove dead leaves / buds
5. Trim extra leaves with a sharp cutter to keep the plants in shape
6. Change to a bigger pot when they're crowded to give the roots more space to grow
7. Fertilization every 1 month (except when the flowers are blossoming)
Looking for additional tips? Check out our list
of top 20 flower and plant blogs to follow!